Welcome to The Postrider‘s 2024 Republican Primary Draft! Over the course of the next couple of years we’ll be discussing, trading, and swapping picks as each of our teams hopes to win the 2024 Republican presidential nomination and other exciting metrics on that path. Whose team has the most declarations of candidacy? Whose team has the most candidates make it to Iowa? And who picks the winner? You can follow along with us in our Politics Express podcast, keep an eye on our rosters and trades here, and let us know who you think has the best team over on Twitter.
|Donald Trump Jr.|
Latest Points Earned
- No points have been awarded yet, we’re waiting as anxiously as you are for someone to announce they are running!
Rules and Scoring
The most candidates you may have on your roster is eight.
Teams are awarded the following points if they are holding the candidate at the time they qualify:
- Candidate announces they are running for president — 5 points
- Candidate participates in a debate — 3 points (or, in the event of JV/Varsity debate system TBD based on RNC, 2 points for JV, 4 points for varsity)
- Candidate doesn’t drop out before the first primary/caucus — 10 points
- Candidate wins one of the first four contests — 10 points each
- Candidate wins any remaining contest — 1 point each
- Candidate wins the nomination — 20 points
Candidates may be traded for those on other teams or substituted for any not selected on air only during the Politics Express podcast.
Follow along on our Politics Express podcast — the only place where drafts, trades, and witty banter take place!